PNL provides bespoke inspection services to the industry for asset integrity inspection, repairs and maintenance both subsea and topside utilizing cutting edge technology and supported by a workforce of highly trained Nigerians and experienced expatriates.
PNL’s specialization in inspection services cut across Topside inspection and subsea inspection, as well as offshore Pipeline Survey. PNL’s Inspection services are executed by inspectors who possess internationally recognized qualifications e.g., API, ASNT, AWS, CSWIP, NACE, B Gas.
PNL offers both conventional and advanced Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) services to various clients in the industries. Non-destructive testing refers to all methods for detecting and evaluating flaws in materials to guarantee safe operation as well as quality control and assessing plant life.
PNL provides highly experienced personnel qualified and certified in accordance with international certification schemes (e.g PCN (EN 473/ ISO 9712), ANSI CP – 189 and SNT-TC 1A). List of Conventional NDT tests offered under our Topside inspection services include:
- Digital Radiographic Testing – X-Ray and Gamma Ray, Iridium 192 and Cobalt 60
- Liquid /Dye Penetrant Inspection
- Ultrasonic Thickness Gauging
- Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Ultrasonic Scanning
- Visual Inspection
- Holiday detection
- Crawler RT
Advanced Non-Destructive Testing
PNL has a comprehensive suite of inspection solutions that offer unrivaled capability for applications ranging from weld inspections to the detection of internal irregularities in metals. Our advanced inspection services result in increased productivity for our clients.
In addition to the services above, PNL also provide comprehensive inspection services for aboveground Storage Tanks, pressure vessels and piping systems in compliance with API Standard 653, API Standard 570, API Standard 510, and other industry inspection standards as may be required by the client.
Moreover, PNL provides inspection and testing services using rope access techniques for work site with limited access such as offshore structures, storage tanks, spheres, ships, tall structures etc. PNL is a member of IRATA (International Rope Access Trade Association). Our NDT technicians are trained and certified by IRATA approved trainers. NDT Services by Rope Access include:
- Visual Inspection Ultrasonic scanning
- Ultrasonic gauging
- Magnetic Particle Test
- Liquid Penetrant Test
- Paint and Coating Inspection
- Blasting and Painting
Subsea Inspection and Engineering
PETROSTUFF is experienced in the inspection and survey technology of underwater pipelines and assets with water depth ranging from shallow water to 4,000m water-depth. PNL has a number of work class ROV and a modified DP2 Multi-Purpose Platform Supply Vessel from which the ROVs are deployed.
- Our specialization in subsea inspection ranges from observation task to full manipulator intervention task. Our subsea inspection capability includes:
- CP / CD surveys of pipelines and structures
- Platform and pipeline inspection
- Mid-water arch inspection and FMD
- FPSO hull and turret inspection
- Flooded member detection surveys
- Anchor chain inspection and measurement
- Structure repair and monitoring
- Leak investigation and remediation
- Subsea component change-out